The retreat will be at Breitenbush Hot Springs again this year. It was amazing last year, so we reserved more space in the larger area. Due to national workshops and the success of the book, space is going to go fast. If you’re interested, register soon. The price is still very reasonable.
Last year’s retreat was amazing. Many people have stayed in touch and helped to develop Sangha (spiritual community) online. We’re adding to what we did before with some amazing new ideas. The theme for this retreat is: Integrating Recovery: Explore Boundaries, Self-care and Community Through Multiple Modalities. Our weekend course will include Yoga Therapy, Art Therapy (with an emphasis on serving couples), Massage as a Spiritual Tool as well as Meditation (guided and silent), group discussion and the famous Aspects of Self Dialog process. (Specific activities are subject to change.)
Join Darren Littlejohn, author of the 12-Step Buddhist and Tysa Fennern for the second annual 12-Step Buddhist Winter Retreat at Breitenbush Hot Springs in Oregon. The retreat is open to anyone – you do not have to be an addict or Buddhist to participate. Join us as we foster spiritual recovery in the rustic but comfortable mountain setting. The retreat is priced as low as possible. ($99 before Dec. 15th – $140 after Dec. 15) plus lodging. We don’t control the lodging options. Details explained below.
There is a rideshare program from Breitenbush. Please check their website with this login:
The rideshare site is only intended for Breitenbush guests and staff. We also have people with some space in their cars. Email Darren for the hook up. It takes about 2 hours from SE Portland to get up there. Maybe a bit longer if it’s snowing. Chains are required at that time of year. SPECIAL NOTE: USE ONLY DIRECTIONS PROVIDED BY BREITENBUSH.
Registration and Deposit
To keep costs down, all registration will be handled by us. Note: Don’t contact Breitenbush for registration. See the Breitenbush website for facility details, map, directions, etc. There is bedding (pillows and blankets) available for $16 through the lodge for the weekend or you can bring your own. Please email Darren Littlejohn for specifics about the retreat activities.
To secure your place, please try to make full payment using the PayPal drop-down menu below. All lodging options are first come, first serve. We have limited space and will try to accommodate everyone’s choices.
Dec 15th is the cutoff for the Early Bird Special of $99.00 for the retreat, plus lodging. The retreat fee after Dec. 15th is $140 plus lodging.
Refunds and Cancellations
- We’re committed to pay for the spots we reserve.
- Deposits are non-refundable. The deposit for this retreat is $99. If you’re having difficulties with that, contact us for arrangements.
- The deadline for all refunds is December 15th, 2010. Lodging refunds can be given before that cutoff but the $99 deposit is not refundable.
- All retreat and lodging fees must be paid in full by midnight, January 10th. (If we don’t have the full registration by the cutoff, we have to release the beds to other guests or pay for them ourselves.)
Lodging and Retreat Totals
NOTE: If you are sending a deposit only ($99), please indicate your lodging choice so we can try to reserve it for you. Please note that lodging preferences are given to retreatants who are paid in full. In other words a deposit guarantees you a spot, but not a precise lodging option. See below for lodging descriptions and what is included.
- Cabin\no bath+retreat=$160+$99=$263 total
- Cabin w\bath+retreat=$192+$99=$295 total
- Retreat Fee (Deposit)=$99 before Dec. 15th, $140 after Dec. 15th
- Lodge (shared) Bunk+retreat=$227 total
- Dorm+retreat=$122+$99=$223 total
We’ll post a complete schedule with all meetings, topics and other events in the main meeting hall. Everyone will get a copy on check-in as well. Until then, please see the 2011 Tentative Retreat Schedule (coming soon).
- Guided and silent meditations, some mantra chanting
- Aspects of Self Dialogs on topics related to this retreat theme: Boundaries, Self-care, Community.
- Midnight Meditations and Games Friday and Saturday nights!
- Writing and Art Exercises – bring your own notebook for journaling/inventory work.
- Spiritual Topic Book Basket – bring a book for the topic grab bag. All books will be returned to their owners
- Bring an item for the altar; sobriety chip, photo of an ancestor, sacred statue, flowers, incense, lights/candles, Buddha or images of other spiritual figures. Everything will be returned on Sunday.
- Yoga Therapy as a Recovery Tool
- Art Therapy for Recovery and (special emphasis on couples). Note: there will be a nominal materials fee for Art Therapy.
- Hot Tubbing in the Natural Springs – Full Access
Note: We’ve kept the costs as low as possible for this event. Retreat fees are per person, for the entire weekend, plus Breitenbush lodging (calculated daily per person).
Retreat Cost not including lodging: $99 (Before Dec. 15th – $140 after Dec. 15)
Lodging includes: Vegetarian meals; Friday dinner, 3 meals on Saturday, breakfast and optional lunch on Sunday and 24 hour access to natural hot springs, Breitenbush staff planned activities.
Lodging Availability as of August 25th, 2019 (subject to change):
Dorm – Shared
Cabins – all cabins are geothermally heated and fully enclosed with 2-3 beds.
Shared Cabin with outside toilet access – $80 per night for 2 nights = $160
Shared Cabin with private sink and toilet inside – $96 per night for 2 nights = $192
Reserved for disabled persons – the lodge room is nearby the main area and is not as quiet but is wheelchair accessible. However, not all of the areas of Breitenbush are easily accessed by wheelchair. For questions about access please call the facility. Note: All registration will be managed by Darren Littlejohn, so please don’t ask Breitenbush staff about retreat details.