the 12-Step Buddhist Podcast
- Episode 020 – Trauma and The Twelve Steps with Dr. Jamie Marich
Dr. Jamie Marich discusses recovery and trauma and other key concepts in the new recovery movement.
- Episode 017 – Spiritual Bypassing
- Episode 016 – New Definitions of Addiction
- Healing with Darren Littlejohn: Buddhism & The Power of Vow Blogtalk Radio Interview 09-06-13. Listen here.
- Episode 015 – The Power of Vow The 12-Step Buddhist Podcast returns with a discussion of esoterics, shadow work and the follow-up to The 12-Step Buddhist, The Power of Vow.
The 12-Step Buddhist Podcast, Episode 015 – The Power of Vow
- the 12-Step Buddhist Podcast Episode 014 – Larry Christensen, Ph.D. on Zen and Psychotherapy Larry Christensen, Ph.D is the resident Zen teacher at the Portland Zen Center Larry discusses Zen, Psychotherapy, Recovery and Spirituality and offers his Three A’s prescription for integrating all.
- Episode 013 – Darren Main – Yoga and Recovery Darren Littlejohn speaks to yoga teacher and author Darren Main of San Francisco on yoga, recovery, gurus and ethics.
- Episode 012 – Kevin Griffin – a Burning Desire Host and author of the 12-Step Buddhist Darren Littlejohn speaks with author Kevin Griffin about his new book, a Burning Desire.
- How to Make Water Bowl Offerings This is the YouTube Playlist of how to make water bowl offerings. It is in 3 parts. Enjoy!
- Episode 011 – Mirror Neurons and Recovery Episode 011 features Don Goewey, author of Mystic Cool. We discuss neuroplasticity (the brain’s ability to grow neurons) as it relates to stress, fear and addiction. Don gives an explanation of Mirror Neurons and their role in the social brain’s ability to learn from participating in support groups such as 12-Step programs. Don ends with ...
- Episode 010 – Create the Fellowship You Crave Create a 12-Step Meditation meeting, finding a Dharma teacher, learning more about Buddhism, integrating with 12-Step recovery.
- Episode 009: Vajrasattva – a Purification Meditation (Tibetan 10th Step) Click the TITLE above to show the page for this podcast episode. There you will find the link to play it from the page. It is easiest to subscribe in iTunes to access all the episodes.
- Episode 008 – Acupuncture and Addiction w/Jane Burch-Pesses, L.Ac. Click the TITLE above to show the page for this podcast episode. There you will find the link to play it from the page. It is easiest to subscribe in iTunes to access all the episodes.
Format: 128kbps MP3
- Episode 007 – the 12-Step Buddhist Podcast – the King of Prayers Limitless is the end of space, Likewise limitless are living beings, Thus, limitless are karma and afflictions. May my aspirations be limitless as well.
- Episode 006 – the 12-Step Buddhist Podcast: Sex Addiction is a Brain Disease Dr. Sarah Ullman discusses the cutting edge brain science of sex addiction with Darren Littlejohn, author of the 12-Step Buddhist.
- Episode 005 – the 12-Step Buddhist Podcast: OM AH HUM Meditation by Lama Yeshe By Lama Thubten Yeshe at Geneva, Switzerland (Archive # 044, Last Updated Apr 23, 2008)
When you meditate, don’t squeeze yourself. Just sit comfortably and let your breath energy flow naturally; be just as you are. Don’t think, “I’m a meditator”; don’t think, “I’m humble”; don’t think, “I’m an egotist.” Don’t think anything; just be.
- Episode 004: the 12-Step Buddhist Podcast: Meditation on Death Click here to play:
Episode 004 – the 12-Step Buddhist Podcast: Meditation on Death
Format: 160kbps MP3
Tibetan Buddhist Death Dissolution Meditation
Discussion with Donn C. on his experience with the meditation in light of the recent death of his father
Thanks to jazz pianist Clay Giberson for the show intro
How many ...
- Episode 003 – the 12-Step Buddhist Podcast: My best thinking got me here? My best thinking got me here? How karma relates to the creation of delusions for all of us but specifically for addicts. What to look for in a spiritual teacher, Listener question: How do I become a Buddhist?
- Episode 002 – the 12-Step Buddhist Podcast: 5 Min. Meditation: on a rock, Who is an addict? Five Minute Meditation: of the rock
Darren’s background 10-0-10
Definition of addiction, abstinence in different programs
Website features: How Many Buddhas?
Ask the 12-Step Buddhist – audience question: How to do 12-Step recovery as an agnostic in a mostly Christian town
Daily Meditation SMS program – Sign up for 12-Step Buddhist inspirational text messages
Recitation from the Sutra of Golden Light, ...
- Epsisode 001 – the 12-Step Buddhist Podcast: Introduction
Format: 160kpbs MP3, Time: 24:04
Meditation: Being present to our condition as addicts.
About the book – pre-order price guarantee on Amazon.
About the podcast – what to expect in future episodes.
Podcast musical intro by pianist Clay Giberson
Discussion of the new website features.
New Blog: “Getting Naked with the Guru.”
Ask the 12-Step Buddhist – audience comments and questions.
How to ...